Pins & Needlebooks Course with Mrs. Cog
Create fully loaded modern needlebooks for junk journalers and crafters from pieced sari silk borders with a micro junk journal insideWatch Promo
Learn to create inspirational needlebooks, modified for the crafter and junk journaler in all of us.
**The class requires use of a sewing machine and a willingness to get glue on your fingers.**
This course is a complete tutorial showing every step to create a unique needlebook covered in beautiful pieced lurex sari silk borders, with all the trimmings a crafter and junk journal maker would want inside to store sharp, tiny elements and even a micro junk journal. The class is broken into several sections, each containing step by step sequential video demonstrations. Videos are presented in segments by topic and total more than four hours of instruction.The class is comprehensive enough for beginners while containing expert tips, techniques and for junk journal pros.
The course includes over 4 hours of video instruction for:
- Creating the base and inside pages for a complete needlebook
- Opening, cutting, ironing and storing lurex sari silk borders
- Piecing (designing, placing and sewing) the sari cover and base
- Preparation and assembling of pages
- Attaching pockets and embellishing
- Construction of final pages to cover
- Embellishing after construction is finished
- Customizing, pins & needles, charms, lace and finishing touches
- Creating a thread card insert for the larger back pocket
- Step by step simple instructions for micro junk journal for front pocket
- Full video instructions to adapt the pieced lurex sari silk cover for any size or shape journal
Included in downloadable PDF format:
- Downloadable pages of small images and phrases
- Suggested materials and tools lists
- Measurements in standard and metric for a handy reference
- Links for where I purchase lurex sari silk and other materials
The information in this course is copyrighted by MrsCogsCrafts© and as such, the videos, .pdf files, access to your teachable account and/or all other forms of information provided in this course may NOT be copied, shared or sold.You MAY use the information in this course to create physical journals for personal use or to sell.
Welcome to my virtual classroom. From my small remote homestead on the edge of a mountain here in Southwest Virginia, every day is a good day to create and I am thrilled to share it all with you. This wonderful Teachable platform allows me to transport you directly into my crafting studio. Here you will learn via step by step instructions how I craft journals, planners and so much more. Best of all, you will learn how to customize your own creations. So...roll up your sleeves and let's get started! :-)
Most courses will offer both video and written instructions for each project. You will find me quite reachable for questions and feedback. Below I have included links to social media where you can reach me and view my work.
and check out my sister school on Teachable for courses about homesteading at: https://the-cogs-homestead.teachable.com/
Contact Me: [email protected]
StartWelcome and Cutting Canvas Base for Cover and for Inside Pages (12:42)
StartLurex Sari Silk - Storing, Cutting and Ironing (13:32)
StartThe Cover - Design, Layout and Stitching of Sari Silk Edge (10:37)
StartThe Cover - Placing, Tacking and Stitching the Sari (40:33)
StartFinishing Sari and Inside Cover Pockets (16:33)
StartThe Button, Closure and Cover Finishing Touches (17:20)