The Patched Junk Journal Course
Patches everywhere! An approach to collage and layering textiles, papers, and more into junk journals with modifed file folder signatures.
Patch: A small piece of material affixed to another larger piece to conceal, reinforce, decorate or repair a worn area, hole, or tear.
This course shares the process of designing and creating chunky and loaded patched junk journals.
The class is a complete tutorial showing every step of
creating (6" x 6") soft covered junk journals with five (modified) signatures. It is broken into sections, each
containing well labeled step by step sequential video demonstrations. Videos are
presented in segments by topic and total 6+ hours of
video instruction. The class is comprehensive enough for beginners while
containing expert tips and techniques for junk journal pros.
The course includes:
- Construction of soft covers
- Design of cover patches and layers
- Building patches
- Preparation and assembling of pages
- Patching pages and tags
- Attaching top and side tabs and drippings
- Creating and patching file folder signatures
- Making the binding and sewing pages together
- Embellishing after construction is finished
- Dangles, tassels and finishing touches
- All pages of 5 new Patched and Patchwork digital image sets in .jpg format
- 2 printable pages of vintage stitching suggestions to print on card stock
- Suggested materials and tools lists
- Measurements for various aspects as a handy reference
The information in this course is copyrighted by MrsCogsCrafts© and as such, the videos, .pdf files, access to your Teachable account and/or all other forms of information provided in this course may NOT be copied, shared or sold.You MAY use the information in this course to create physical journals for personal use or to sell.
Welcome to my virtual classroom. From my small remote homestead on the edge of a mountain here in Southwest Virginia, every day is a good day to create and I am thrilled to share it all with you. This wonderful Teachable platform allows me to transport you directly into my crafting studio. Here you will learn via step by step instructions how I craft journals, planners and so much more. Best of all, you will learn how to customize your own creations. So...roll up your sleeves and let's get started! :-)
Most courses will offer both video and written instructions for each project. You will find me quite reachable for questions and feedback. Below I have included links to social media where you can reach me and view my work.
and check out my sister school on Teachable for courses about homesteading at: https://the-cogs-homestead.teachable.com/
Contact Me: [email protected]